BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, SOX Compliance & Controls
- Consults on issues, questions and problems related to SOX-ICRR compliance and provides guidance to senior business managers and staff. Works across global and regional groups to communicate SOX-ICRR matters effectively to senior business management. Provides subject matter expertise to quantify SOX-ICRR compliance within the business and enforces adherence to policies, procedures and guidelines. Leverages control and compliance techniques to achieve business objectives. Is accountable for supporting the resolution of complex business risk issues.
- Assists senior and corporate management with the development of strategic SOX-ICRR assessment program elements and provides input. Ensures implementation of the assessment program and the appropriate level of SOX-ICRR awareness and responsibilities among all junior level staff.
- Researches and analyzes the regulatory requirements of the assigned area of responsibility. Has a conceptual understanding of the specific risks that exist within the assigned area of responsibility and how these risks may be addressed.
- Works with other business units and liaises with SOX-ICRR compliance staff in relation to regulatory matters. Acts and influences on behalf of senior and corporate management to guide all control & compliance management staff into compliance with government agencies. Appropriately represents SOX-ICRR compliance with policies and standards to senior management, internal and external auditors and regulatory bodies.
- Tracks and reports on team metrics and results. Coaches and guides assigned staff on improving the execution of the SOX-ICRR activities and achievement of goals. Manages staff development and talent management processes. Coaches and counsels staff, determines staffing and compensation recommendations and participates in hiring and termination decisions.
QualificationsEducation: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience: 10-12 years of total work experience with at least 1-3 years in management preferred. Experience in public accounting, SOX testing, financial services or shared services is preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) certification is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85052
Requisition Number: 1808860