BNY Mellon Careers
Director, Marketing Planning and Operations
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization, and global distribution companies. Our goal is to build and deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meet our clients’ needs. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network, we have developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams. With extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, planned giving programs, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management can help our clients reach their goals.
The North America Distribution Team of BNY Mellon Investment Management focuses on connecting with and providing solutions for diverse clients, including financial advisors, professional buyers, registered investment advisors, family office representatives and retirement specialists.
BNY Mellon Investment Management, US Distribution, is seeking a leader to build and manage a new function and new process disciplines for the Marketing organization, which includes marketing planning, budgeting, measurement and reporting, and project management to improve, optimize and ensure alignment of the Marketing organization. This person will play an important leadership role in increasing marketing effectiveness and demonstrating the value of marketing to the organization. S/he will work in strong, close partnership with peers in Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Operations, Finance, Compliance, Information Technology, and Global Procurement and will report to the Head of Marketing. S/he will be responsible to:
Planning and Budgeting
- Establish and manage marketing planning processes aligned with business strategy and sales goals
- Lead the development of annual and quarterly marketing plans to align activity with sales goals and product focus
- Manage marketing budgets and forecasting process and approvals to spend
Measurement and Reporting
- Build and enhance marketing scorecards with key metrics and KPIs
- Establish and manage regular routine for reviewing metrics and progress against targets and determining key strategic actions for continuously improving
- Anticipate, manage and direct strategic projects which require tight governance and management to deliver on schedule and budget
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of new technology solutions needed to ensure optimal selection and effective implementation to need business needs
- Represent marketing on business wide projects such as regulatory or business change.
- Proactively identify operational issues and opportunities across the wider team and develop creative ways to rectify them, lobbying for change where required.
- Responsible for key vendor and 3rd party partner management, including contract management (with Procurement), SLA adherence and relationship management.
- Spearhead the drive towards best-in-class marketing through tracking and communication of marketing best practices, competitor insights and client research.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven success building relationships across all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to lead and motivate others and collaborate across functions to deliver results.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence and drive business decisions.
- Pragmatic business skills to get things done with flexibility and perseverance;
- Organizational agility and ability to manage through complexity and change.
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of related experience with strong preference for relevant experience in Asset Management/Investment Management marketing.
- Track record with establishing new processes and driving new behaviors through a team and function.
- Expertise with strategic project management and/or technology implementations required.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 09707
Job: Asset Management
Organization: North America Distribution-HR11430
Requisition Number: 1808887