BNY Mellon Careers
HR Technology - Specialist Business Analysis Consultant
As a Business Analyst Consultant supporting HR Technology, you will be responsible for implementing and providing on-going support for a new knowledge and document management system. You will partner closely with the software vendor, operations, and technology teams to achieve this goal. You will manage client expectations, implement improvement initiatives and communicate effectively with management on project and service related issues.
- Analyze, define and prioritize business requirements, functional specifications, and operational architecture for highly complex, strategic global programs
- Consult with IT and Business Management on applying technology to business opportunities and planning/implementing cross functional applications or systems
- Elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements using standard processes and templates, and translates into functional design and use case documents
- Develop project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a given large, strategic, multiyear project
- Participate and provide guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation
- Consult internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation. Track scope and change throughout the remainder of the initiative utilizing formal requirements management principles, including change control and requirements traceability
- Gather and analyze information to assist in development of recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas
- Participate in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise
- Apply experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to develop better processes to be used in the future
- Actively influence software development process improvement initiatives.
- Provide senior level consultation to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 6-8 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required
- Experience with case management tools such as Neocase, ServiceNow, SalesForce or Dovetail highly desired
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Project Management Certification / PMP is preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45141
Job: Human Resources
Organization: HR Solutions Center-HR06284
Requisition Number: 1808899