BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Intraday Liquidity Management (ILM)
Intraday Liquidity Management (ILM) is part of the Funding & Short-Term Investments group within Treasury. As a global custodian and financial intermediary, the management of intraday liquidity is a critical element of BNY Mellon’s role in the payment, clearing and settlement marketplace.
ILM is responsible for the overall supervision of U.S. reserve balances and supporting the growth of its global customers through an effective intraday liquidity framework that continues to strengthen its resiliency, innovative capabilities, business acceptance practices, and day-to-day funding execution and optimization processes.
The candidate will report to the Head of ILM (with no direct reports) and will be primarily responsible for working with global lines of business and business partners to further develop and drive BNY Mellon’s intraday liquidity resiliency practices. Responsibilities include:
• Reporting, analysis and calibration of key U.S. dollar intraday metrics delivered to BNY Mellon senior management and regulators
• Evaluating BNY Mellon’s global intraday liquidity profile and quantifying potential funding needs attributed to Financial Market Infrastructure (Financial Market Utilities and Agent Banks) under business-as-usual and adverse conditions
• Leading the analysis, documentation and drafting of complex deliverables for global business (policies) and regulatory (stress testing, recovery and resolution planning) requirements related to intraday liquidity
• Actively participate with internal global working groups and/or committees
• Creating and/or maintaining a continuous improvement business environment to identify, implement and/or outsource process efficiencies that allow for more timely, accurate and transparent ILM output
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and provide a clear interpretation of the outcomes with staff at all levels
• Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills
• Ability to project manage various complex projects which are global in-nature and visible to both senior management and regulators
• Candidate is expected to quickly develop intraday liquidity expertise with a well-balanced understanding of the company's range of payment, clearing and settlement activities
• A high comfort level working in a fast paced and co-located team environment
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• MBA, CFA, or CPA/CA is preferred
• 7-10 years at large complex financial organizations with financial management, risk management or consultative services work experience is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85268
Organization: Corporate Treasury-HR06004
Requisition Number: 1808969