BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist System Engineer/Programmer - Office 365 / OneDrive
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Service Owner role supports the file services environment within the Enterprise Electronic Communications team in TSG (Technology Services Group). The selected candidate will be responsible for engineering and third-level support for user home directories, project shares, and the Office 365/OneDrive for Business platform. Responsibilities within the team will be expanding to include engineering of Surface Hub, room scheduling and strategic data center initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Office 365 OneDrive for Business engineering and administration
- File Services Migrations internally and to OneDrive for Business
- Capacity management / configuration
- Day-to-Day management of project share permissions
- Use appropriate tools to remediate file shares
- Setting and adjusting security
- Works with Legal hold requirements
- Home Drive management
- Disaster Recovery testing Surface Hub engineering (future)
- Room Scheduling tools (future)
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- File Services / File Share managing experience .
- Background expertise interacting Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Capacity Management.
- Compliance experience / Legal hold experience.
- Disaster Recovery Testing experience.
- Technical expertise with Enterprise File Services Security/Permissions, Active Directory, PowerShell, Server Message Block (SMB) versions
- Share/NTFS Permissions experience.
- Active Directory experience.
- SMB 1 vs. 2-3 experience.
- DFS experience.
- Networking experience.
- Experience in architecting enterprise file share permissions.
- Knowledge of enterprise management tools such as: Stealth Audit / DataInsight; Data copy tools (RoboCopy, Rich Copy, BindView); Powershell.
- Knowledge of Riverbeds.
- Prior experience configuring/administering OneDrive for Business, including users and file stores.
- Migration experience to OneDrive for Business.
- Size/complexity of organization using OneDrive (both in people and volume of files).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1808978