BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Business Planning and Analysis
The Revenue Control Team is an oversight and governance function responsible for the end to end billing and receivable process on behalf of Asset Servicing. The team operate and maintain a control environment including but not limited to - Fee Schedule Template Management, Fee Schedule Issuance, Billing Set-up, Invoice Review, Receivables, Accruals, Fee Expires & Fee Re-negotiations, Fee Waivers & Concessions, working to an auditable SOX and ICFR framework.
You will manage the planning, organisation and implementation of all billable products and services on behalf of Asset Servicing in the EMEA region. Working closely with our business partners and Revenue and Billing Services, you will develop detailed knowledge of how the end to end billing process works and understand the range of products and services delivered by Asset Serving. This will include but is not limited to Custody, Accounting, Performance and Risk Analytics, Transfer Agency, Derivative Services and Regulatory Reporting.
Much of your time will be spent dealing with queries and ensuring all invoices produced by Revenue and Billing Services are delivered timely and accurately to our clients. You will assist in the reduction of all outstanding receivables, resolving issues with delayed invoices and support the production of relevant reports and MI for senior management.
You must build close working relationships with Product, Pricing, the Relationship Teams, Revenue & Billing Services and Finance to ensure the correct set-up and interpretation of all approved fee schedules in BNYM’s billing systems and be responsible for the maintenance and implementation of processes to capture revenue and prevent revenue leakage.
This role offers a fantastic development opportunity for the right candidate, currently working within one of the CSD functional areas who is looking to build on their knowledge and develop new skills, you will gain exposure to Asset Servicing’s legal structure, its product and service catalogue and insight into how the operational functions responsible for their service delivery, contribute commercially through our core revenue stream.
• Ensure there is governance over the issuance of Fee Schedules and oversight around their interpretation.
• Ensure the issuance and manipulation of any manual data is done so within the ICFR Control infrastructure
• Monitor and oversee of the collection and management of aged receivables and any unapplied cash.
• Compliance with our ICFR and SOX controls
• Work with the Relationship Teams and Revenue & Billing Services on complex billing issues
• Act as point of contact for both internal and external billing related queries.
• Review and approval of “first time invoices” or BAU issuance where manual data is provided
• Working closely with the Legal Entity Controllers to ensure the correct revenues are reported in the financial
Reporting and Audit
• Support any data or testing requests in relation to our ICFR and/or SOX control environment
• Working closely with the external auditors to ensure group and local audits are well managed and meet the agreed timetable
Projects and Change
• Provide support on any new initiatives, projects and work streams.
• Communication of changes to legal entity controllers and other stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment; and a strong work ethic.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
• 3 or more years’ experience working within a client, process operational background.
• Financial services experience preferred
• Naturally inquisitive and happy to challenge and raise questions
• Proven track record in translating accounting theory into practical application
• Project management and outsourcing experiences would be desirable.
• Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex issues
• Strong technical analytical skills
• Service oriented, with the ability to drive open issues through to resolution
• Must demonstrate exacting attention to detail and a commitment to producing highly accurate and timely financial data
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate across Asset Servicing, Finance and the wider organisation
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70159
Requisition Number: 1809024