BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Process Improvement Analyst - IT Data Analyst
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Hardware Asset Management team is responsible for the tools and processes that support tracking the firm’s IT fleet globally. We work collaboratively within the team and with stakeholders and clients to manage and maintain the tools and data, identifying changes and enhancements to improve our processes with the goal to maintain the highest possible accuracy in our data. We interact with staff across the globe, we interact with multiple vendors for product support and provide a variety of data, process and application analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain data queries across multiple DBMS system types, understanding and documenting data models as needed.
- Analyzing data from a variety of internal sources, communicate results succinctly and drive resolution of discrepancies.
- Establishing and adjusting data cleansing rules to reduce error rates and increase data accuracy.
- Designing, developing and maintaining enterprise level data analysis and reporting solutions.
- Documenting business and technical requirements, capturing process flows and outlining application procedures.
- Interacting with system users on issues and enhancements and troubleshooting failures to resolution.
- Providing basic application configuration and operational support to internal clients.
- Developing insights on proposed changes and improvements to better manage inventory.
Specialist Process Improvement Analyst->> Leads a wide array of activities supporting the improvement of processes and procedures. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Provides project/process management consulting, coaching, and training to IT teams and/or Project/Process Office staff across one or more LOBs. Provides input on approaches/tools to build, streamline, implement, and/or automate key processes. Promotes the company's project management methodology, tools and techniques. Develops and may manage IT processes and work flows which maximize efficiency, and comply with regulatory and audit requirements. Helps assess gaps in the processes used within one or more LOBs. Participates in formal assessments and checkpoints for one or more LOBs. May develop and manage the project plans to support process improvement or IT projects at the LOB level. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Builds effective working relationships with peers and clients. Manages client partnerships to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent education and work experience is required.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of experience in systems and data management is preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Strong background in relational data concepts, with an emphasis on the use of analytic and reporting tools.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and effectively communicate solutions.
- Programming experience and expertise across a number of languages and frameworks.
- A willingness to learn new technologies in a team environment is required.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45147
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Office of the CIO-HR06033
Requisition Number: 1809069