BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist APP DBA / Golden Gate DBA
Sr. Specialist APP DBA / Golden Gate DBA:
- Expertise in setup, installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of several Oracle tools and utilities like Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer in various versions
- Installing and configuring Oracle Golden Gate heterogeneous environments (from MS SQL Server to Oracle).
- Extensive experience in Oracle Golden Gate replication, database server configuration, installation and troubleshooting Golden Gate extract and replicate issues
- First hand experiences in setting up Oracle Golden Gate one-way, two-way/bi-directional, active-to-active and active-to-passive data replication with conflict detection and resolutions.
- Trouble shooting and performance tuning Golden Gate replications
- Configure error handling for restart, logging, production support and status reporting in Golden Gate
- Physical standby, Data Guard configuration, Maintenance and support for DR activities
- Database level - Handling Performance Tuning Activity using OEM (AWR/ADDM), Database space management, security Patches.
- Extensive skills in upgrading various Oracle versions, configuring in RAC high available environment.
- Deep understanding Oracle Golden Gate internal mechanism, OGG new features such as Integrated capture, native DDL capture, coordinate apply mode, multi-threaded replicate.
- Expertise in writing OGG lag monitoring scripts and configure OGG monitoring plug-in in OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) 12c.
- Setting up High Availability Oracle Golden Gate (OGG) systems on Oracle 11gR2 RAC environments (Front-end: IBM p770/AIX 6.1, Back-end: Oracle Exadata).
- Troubleshooting typical OGG technical problems such as unique key violation / long transaction abending by using GGSCI / Logdump / discard file analysis etc.
- Performance Tuning OGG in extremely high data volume environments.
- Designs, implements, and supports database management structures, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving and conversion strategies. Collaborates with application development teams on various database issues and takes a lead role in problem resolution. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access. Provides technical assistance and mentoring to staff in all areas of database support. Designs, implements, and maintains physical database structures and associated network and system configurations. Manages data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures. Monitors database and replication servers for resource utilization. Uses knowledge and expertise of existing database environments to make recommendations for opportunities to share data and/or reduce data redundancies. Assists database team in providing problem identification and resolution support through analysis and research. Designs and administers database security strategies. Installs and configures database management system and related distributed system software as needed. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45152
Job: Corporate Trust
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1809074