BNY Mellon Careers
Counsel- Asset Management
- Establish and provide ongoing advice concerning private funds, including open-end (i.e.,hedge fund-style), closed-end and capital commitment (i.e., private equity-style). Draft/review fund-related documentation, including offering memoranda, subscription documents, investor side letters and fund service provider agreements.
- Negotiate agreements in support of the business, including engagement letters, investment management agreements and trading-related documentation.
- Review of marketing and sales material, and assist with preparation of RFPs.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice regarding advisory and asset management activities.
- Provide advice and assist in implementation of new product/service initiatives.
- Participate in updating SEC filings, including Form PF and Form ADV Part 2.
- Work with Compliance in drafting and updating various compliance policies and procedures.
Advanced Legal Degree or local country equivalent degree usually required. Progression to this level usually requires licensure/certification by the local country or jurisdiction. In some jurisdictions, may not require licensure or certification for placement in the role; in others, licensure/certification is required. 3-7 years minimum of total work experience as a qualified attorney is preferred. Prior corporate legal experience within the financial services industry or experience in assigned practice area with an outside law firm is preferred.
- 5-8 years preferred relevant experience.
- SEC experience a plus.
- Experience with credit and direct lending strategies a plus.
- Ability to interact with senior decision makers.
- Ability to work on cross border issues and transactions with non US colleagues.
- Critical analytical skills and ability to bring a holistic perspective to businesses that operate in a multi-faceted and changing legal/regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act, ERISA and Commodity Exchange Act.
- Familiarity with bank regulatory issues a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1809076