BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Developer
Sr. Specialist Developer->>
This position is a lead role for architecting, implementing and supporting Enterprise Metadata Management shared service in support of regulatory and enterprise needs. S/he will be the technology expert on Metadata management product, data architecture solutions, high performance database designs, and SQL optimization. Prior work experience with Data Governance framework and associated technical implementations and support is desirable for this position. S/he should have the ability to handle multiple tasks / projects of different scope and complexity simultaneously. Knowledge and aptitude of understanding the big picture as well as detailed technical skills is critical.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop / enhance business and functional requirements in partnership with business and technology team(s). Perform business/data analysis to verify/validate these requirements.
- Implement/rollout end to end Metadata Management product in support of business requirements across various environments, including promotion of new releases and custom enhancements between these environments.
- Be the key liaison for this function with various business and application teams.
- Partner with Office of Data Governance, Business and technology teams in planning and rolling out the functional capabilities associated with Metadata management product by configuring interfaces to source metadata from various sources. This would require development of gaps for interfaces currently not supported by the product.
- Assist in building an Enterprise Data Dictionary supporting the various CTS initiatives (e.g. API Strategy, Digital Pulse, EDW etc)
- Create architectural, system, data and process flow diagrams in support of designing, implementing and operationalizing solution.
- Develop shared service and support process and artifacts for production and non-production environments.
- Create project tasks/plans; manage various resources, tasks and dependencies. Interface regularly with Data Strategy Program management in support of project deliverables, status and escalations (if any).
QualificationsConsults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Architecture-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1809155