BNY Mellon Careers
Java Developer, Application Development
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Overview of the Team:
EMEA AST provides technology services to line-of-business clients including Transfer Agency, Trust & Depository and Corporate Services. These services are provided via a range of vendor product solutions, bespoke developed in house applications, MI and integration components. In addition the function is developing creative business solutions to deliver the ‘next generation’ of financial services harnessing our Digital Ecosystem.
BNYM are looking for a dynamic individual to join their growing EMEA Asset Serving Technology (AST) Corporate Services department as a Java Developer. The Corporate services team is spread globally, you would work closely with Project Managers, Analysts, Developers and Architects based in London, as well as a small development team based in India (Pune and Chennai).
Although currently waterfall, the team is working towards becoming a fully agile software development team, focusing on delivering often, embracing early feedback from our customers and improving working practice leveraging best in class standards and software toolsets.
This is a very unique moment to join the team as the whole AST group is going through the major changes both from the location strategy perspective (e.g. growing in Wroclaw / Manchester) but also in terms of shifting the focus towards significantly modernizing the technology stack to leverage some of the benefits provided by company-wide strategic initiatives (Nexen, Greenfield).
Overview of Role:
The successful candidate will be part of a multi skill development team responsible for all development phases of the systems integration lifecycle, delivering solutions that add direct value to our large and diverse client base. The team works on a range of applications, delivering changes of various scale and complexity, both on vendor and in house developed software, with legacy as well as new technology components implemented from scratch. Therefore we need a Java Developer to:
• Design and deliver enterprise strength technology solutions utilising Java/Java EE/spring/SOA/RESTful technologies utilising open source toolsets
• Strong foundation skills with an in-depth knowledge across a range of best in class technologies including Java EE, MVC, sprint boot, SOA, REST, Maven, JUnit
• Familiar with software engineering across the ‘Full Stack’ from infrastructure hosting through to business need; very experienced or expert level within at least one area
• Understands development and quality standards and ensures strict adherence to those standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis
• Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies – experience with agile scrum preferable
• Encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions
• Familiar with delivery in controlled environments; experienced in managing projects into production environments and supporting warranty phases
• Demonstrate knowledge of investment management and the role of some asset servicing functions businesses including transfer agency, fund accounting and custody
• Able to adapt to a large and diverse program portfolio across multiple EMEA locations with a range of legacy application and integration technologies
• Communicates in a timely and accurate manner to project and program meetings and working groups
Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience)
• Required Skills:
o Service orientated multi-tiered application architecture utilizing web service standards and protocols (REST, JSON)
o Implementing using industry leading Enterprise Java Application Servers (Apache Tomcat)
o Relational database experience (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
o Advocate of Agile engineering principles and comfortable working with geographically dispersed teams
o Release management and version control inc. GIT/Mavern/NEXUS
o Excellent communication skills
• Preferable Skills:
o A level of domain knowledge in the financial services industry
o Experience of test driven development, automated build tools and continuous integration (Maven, Jenkins, Nexus etc.)
o Hybrid database solution experience (NoSQL/Highly-Scalable databases)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60115
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1809219