BNY Mellon Careers
The Global Pricing Team sits within the Asset Servicing Finance function and is responsible for producing financial analysis, fee schedules and associated supporting documents including fee simulations per regulatory and corporate guidelines including MIFID II within strict deadlines for all existing and potential clients of BNY Mellon Asset Servicing globally, plus all new services for existing clients. The products covered are the full suite of global Asset Servicing products, including: Custody, Investment Accounting, Global Risk Solutions, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency, Trustee / Depositary, Depotbank, KVG Services, Derivatives 360, Middle Office, Marketing Support Services, Benefits Payments and Alternative Investments.
The role also involves working closely with a number of areas including: Sales, Relationship Executives / Management, Service Directors, Account Management, Product Management, Client Services, Global Client Management, Network Management, Revenue & Billing Services, Revenue Control, Finance and Global Client Service Delivery.
• To work with the Sales Team in producing financial analysis and proposing financial arrangements for new business / clients.
• To work with the Relationship Executive Team, Account Management Team and Service Directors in producing financial analysis and proposing financial arrangements for existing clients.
• Build and to maintain good working relationships with colleagues around the organisation that interface with the team, including, but not limited to: Sales Executives, Sales Support, Relationship Executives, Service Directors, Account Managers, CSD Billing, Revenue Control, Network Management, Global Client Service Delivery, Client Services, Global Markets, Finance, Product Management, Securities Lending and Client Management.
• For deals that have been approved ensure the fee schedules and supporting documents including fee simulations as stipulated by the MIFID II guidelines are drafted and reviewed prior to despatch to the client.
• To be able to build ad-hoc complex financial models, where required.
• Ensure that all team guidelines, processes and procedures are followed and anything that may result in an increased level of risk to the organisation is escalated to the Head of EMEA Pricing.
• Prioritise workload to ensure required standards are met and deadlines are achieved.
• Review progress against plans and take action to avoid delivery slippage.
• Complete deal reviews, as required, to continually seek improvement.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
• Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department.
• Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risk, internal controls, effectiveness or any other issue impacting business as usual processes.
• Notify management and / or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach.
• Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
• Display a commitment to the development of both themselves and the team. Demonstrate the shared values of the organisation (Client Focus, Trust, Teamwork and Outperformance).
Job Specific Competencies
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk the associate should show an aptitude for:
• Results Focus
• Conceptual Thinking
• Strategic Thinking
• Critical Information Seeking
• Strategic Influencing
• Drive for Excellence
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• A detailed understanding of the financial services industry from 2+ years experience from working within or with the financial services industry. Knowledge of Asset Servicing and Asset Servicing products would beneficial, but is not essential.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Strong MS Excel skills are essential.
• An Accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, etc.) would be useful, but is not essential.
• Self-motivated and prepared to work with minimal supervision
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with internal clients and senior management within BNY Mellon.
• Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Have a flexible attitude given the varying demands experienced within the function.
Experience of project planning tools and techniques at business level
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• Degree educated preferably but not limited to a mathematics, science, economics or commerce type of discipline. An accountancy or professional qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA, CFA, etc.) would be useful, but is not essential.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70228
Requisition Number: 1809251