BNY Mellon Careers
- Manage a team of level 1 support analysts including responsibility for scheduling and shift coverage
- Work with level 2 support leads and application development teams to ensure up to date and accurate recovery documentation
- Mentor team members and ensure adequate technical and process training
- Participate in production readiness and permit to operate reviews for new initiatives to validate production supportability
- Keep up to date incident records
- Manage to Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) metrics and work on continuous improvement
- Work closely with a globally distributed team for follow the sun 24x7 coverage.
- Ability to deal with time sensitive issues in support of critical service level commitments
Manager, Appl Support->> Leads a small application support team responsible for maintaining and supporting applications and their operating environments. Participates in overall testing effort. Monitors software and systems defects. Supports product migrations through all systems environments. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Trains staff in technical tools and skills, as well as specific applications and their business functions to maximize their contribution to the team. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Manages a small application support team. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced Degree is beneficial
- 6+ years of experience in supporting mission critical applications
- Experience managing resources and / or project teams required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in IT Support, Incident and Service Request Management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Linux / Unix command line and shell scripting
- Windows system management
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45242
Job: Information Technology
Organization: BNY Mellon Technology-HR06363
Requisition Number: 1809404