BNY Mellon Careers
• Reviews the preparation and coordinates the process of the funds’ financial statements to ensure accuracy of data and adherence to all deadlines. Ensures compliance with all applicable accounting standards (i.e. US GAAP, IFRS);
• Supervises, monitors and reviews the Financial Reporting staff’s completed assignments;
• Trains staff on established regulations and updated rules. Establishes department and individual goals, prepares performance evaluations, and directs individual and group staff meetings. Manages the career development for all Financial Reporting staff by group and individual training;
• Prepares ad hoc reports for the client upon request. Troubleshooting Fund Accounting issues. Attend meetings and training to enhance knowledge to be passed down to the Financial Reporting staff;
• Builds and maintains client, auditor and internal relationships;
• Supports all Financial Reporting related duties as defined by the Senior Team Manager.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• 1-3+ years’ experience in managing staff members strongly preferred
• 4-6+ years of relevant experience in either an Audit Firm, Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund Administrator, Mutual Fund or other financial institution where the accountant has advanced financial products knowledge strongly preferred
• Previous Financial Statement preparation/review experience;
• CPA or other professional designation a plus;
• Good communication skills;
• Working knowledge of Excel and Word essential.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Internal Jobcode: 70508
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1809560