BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Developer - Monitoring
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are an Enterprise Monitoring team recently formed to engineer the next generation Monitoring and Automation solutions within TSG. We are engineering a full stack monitoring and automation platform utilizing open source software (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Spring, etc.), commercial software, and home-grown software. We are leveraging artificial intelligence and statistical analysis to perform noise reduction and correlation of alerting. In addition, we are utilizing agile development to produce a comprehensive set of APIs to perform any actions required in the monitoring and automation space. We are a distributed team with wide range of development and system skills that seek to produce robust, yet simple solutions to problems. We seek to hire people that are self-starters that can work independently with minimal direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with a team of developers to build monitoring solutions for a variety of products and systems.
- Work with applications and systems teams to understand their telemetry, operations, and visualization requirements for their needs.
- Develops highly performant RESTful APIs that perform at scale in a container based environment.
Senior Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in software development required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Must have understanding of standard protocols/technologies such as TCP/IP, SSH, HTTP/S, LDAP, SNMP, Syslog, etc.
- Strong experience with software development methodologies and tooling (e.g., Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
- Must have a good understanding of integration protocols, such as REST + JSON/XML.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience with databases like Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge pf the Linux operating system.
- Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, well spoken, and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience with application performance monitoring and assessment desired (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.).
- Experience designing, deploying, and testing of enterprise level monitoring and application automation is preferred.
- Experience with microservice development is preferred.
- Experience or exposure to a DevOps role with a passion for stable, resilient and available platforms is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1809567