BNY Mellon Careers
Global Fund accounting Principal Project/Program Manager
Global Fund accounting Principal Project/Program Manager.
Global Fund Accounting (GFA) Technology is a global team supporting the rapidly growing Global Fund Accounting business. BNY Mellon is one of the world’s largest Fund Accountants. GFA has been undergoing a period of operational transformation and is now bringing to market a number of new digital capabilities.
The role of the GFA Technology Program Manager will be pivotal in bringing these new optimization and digital capabilities to market globally and on-boarding the new business that is being generated. This is a high profile role within a highly ambitious and motivated global team of technology professionals.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of GFA Technology Transformation and will be based on the east coast of the US.
· Manage delivery of a large complex strategic initiative crossing multiple disciplines, businesses, and/or organizations
· Accountable for the ultimate success of the program and continued alignment with the business strategy
· Responsible for stakeholder management particularly those external to the organization
· Manage multiple related sub-projects and, in many cases, ongoing operations which are directed toward a common objective
· Collaborate with constituent project managers, project leads, development leads and/or Scrum Masters to monitor cost, schedule and technical performance of component projects and operations
· Work with business stakeholders to ensure priorities and requirements are identified and fit for purpose
· Responsible for the overall program communication (facilitating steering committees, regular program ceremonies, communicating with all levels of the organization including executive management)
· Hands-on management of program risks and escalations
· All team members within the program take direction from the Program Manager for the duration of the project
Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies. Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts, budgets, and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments). Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program. Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources. May have formal management responsibility for Program Team members. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
· Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP®), or Scrum Alliance Scrum Master (CSM) or Product Owner(CSPO) certifications are beneficial.
· 10-12 years of project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
· 5+ years’ experience with Agile/Scrum.
· 5+ years large project [>$4m] / transformation delivery experience gained in Operations or Technology
· Operational optimization and or automation experience
· Effective communication, consensus building and conflict management across all levels in the organization
· Holistic thinker with the ability execute on business strategy combined with attention to details
· Prior experience managing strategic and/or cross-organizational projects and planning and tracking multiple complex projects or programs required.
· Experience managing vendors and contracts as components of a program.
· Financial Services experience
· Experience in working with global technology and operations teams
- Experienced in the use of Jira, Confluence, MS Project and Excel for tracking complex programs
Advantage to have:
- Experience in Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency or Custody
- Experience of managing technology teams, applications and architecture
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45190
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1809582