BNY Mellon Careers
GFA - Technology Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager
Global Fund Accounting (GFA) Technology is a global team supporting the rapidly growing Global Fund Accounting business. BNY Mellon is one of the world’s largest Fund Accountants. GFA has been undergoing a period of operational transformation and is now bringing to market a number of new digital capabilities.
The project manager will oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization).
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of GFA Technology Transformation and will be based on the east coast of the US.
· End to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity
· Accountable for the ultimate success of the projects and continued alignment with the business strategy
· Responsible for stakeholder management particularly those external to the organization
· Collaborate with program managers, development leads and/or Scrum Masters to monitor cost, schedule and technical performance of projects
· Work with business stakeholders to ensure priorities and requirements are identified and fit for purpose
· Hands-on management of project risks and escalations
· Responsible for defining portfolio management and reporting structure using approved tools such as JIRA
Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
· Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP®), or Scrum Alliance Scrum Master (CSM) or Product Owner(CSPO) certifications are beneficial.
· 8 - 10 years of related project management experience required; experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus
· 3+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum.
· 5+ years managing medium to large size projects project [>$1m]
· Effective communication, consensus building and conflict management across all levels in the organization
· Experience in working with global technology and operations teams
- Expert level knowledge of tools such as Jira, Confluence, PPM, MS Project and Excel for tracking complex programs
Advantage to have
· Experience in Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency or Custody
- Experience of managing technology teams, applications and architecture
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45163
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1809583