BNY Mellon Careers
UK Finance Controls & Governance Specialist
As the Senior Controls Specialist within the UK Controllers group you will support the UK Financial Controller in ensuring a robust, fit for purpose control environment for accounting, statutory and regulatory reporting. In addition making sure that the risks are identified, the key controls mitigating the risks are operating effectively and that there is accountability for managing them. You will be integral to enabling staff within Finance to fulfil their role as first line of defence for risk management.
UK Controllers have outsourced core production activities to specialist service centres in Manchester and India, as a consequence you will need to be able to influence these operational groups, and ensure the control metrics clearly demonstrate our oversight of these activities. You will be responsible for reporting to the Senior Stakeholders on a regular basis on key performance metrics associated with accounting and financial reporting controls.
You will also be responsible for performance of key controls processes such as disaster recovery coordination, banking administration and records management, working across UK finance to deliver program requirements.
You should be willing to bring ideas to the table, and be able to communicate effectively with staff at a range of different levels. You should ideally have controls experience in a complex global environment.
• Maintaining governance and controls framework documentation, ensuring group meets deadlines and can demonstrate compliance on request
• Responsible for identifying process enhancements that will both strengthen the control environment and improve operational efficiency.
• Actively monitor and manage reported control issues, following up with responsible parties and escalating challenges when appropriate
• The role will require you to build robust relationships across the Finance teams, service providers and external stakeholders
• Reporting to the Senior Stakeholders on a regular basis on programmes such as Operational Risk Events and Key Risk and Control Indicators.
• Co-ordinate monthly meetings with the specialist service centres, reviewing KPIs and other metrics to measure their effectiveness
Procedures & Compliance
• Actively monitor and manage the reconciliation process including regularly assessing quality and health of reconciliations and reporting on the management of the reconcilement process.
• Provide direction and thought leadership for outsourced control activities, including banking administration, IMMS internal account population and ownership controls, MI reporting and reconciliation Quality Analysis.
• Manage control framework for records management for UK finance
• Maintain and enhance Senior Management Regime control documentation.
• Collate quarter end attestation reporting, assessing impact of reported issues on control environment
• Coordinate update of Business Recovery documentation and changes to Banking system access.
• Track compliance with Reg W, ensuring any identified issues are escalated and addressed timel
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
• Experienced risk or controls specialist looking for hands on role
• Financial services experience and / or experience of large global organization preferred
• Strong risk management, controls and governance experiences
• Project management and outsourcing experiences would be desirable.
• Excellent computer skills, in particular MS Power point and MS Excel.
• Exposure to PeopleSoft general ledgers desirable
• Excellent communicator who is able to articulate key messages
• Ability to collaborate across Finance and the wider organisation
• Able to work in a complex global organisation
• Be accountable for your deliverables
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 85085
Requisition Number: 1809596