BNY Mellon Careers
Newton, Business Development Associate
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £49.8bn assets under management (as at 31 March 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
The position provides the opportunity to work within an experienced business development team, engaging externally and obtaining a broad knowledge base across a range of business development functions. It is anticipated that, over time, this person will be given the opportunity to engage directly with and have responsibility for his or her own consultants and prospects. This is an externally facing role.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and the desire and ability to engage externally. They must have strong organisation skills and the ability to work within a team on a wide variety of tasks on both a proactive and reactive basis.
- Work with BD team pre and post sales and research meetings and take responsibility for post meeting action items.
- Assist in completion of consultant planner action items and work with BD team to monitor progress and deliverables.
- Provide creative input into enhancing existing processes and methods for sourcing leads.
- Assist in the identification and development of direct DB and DC prospects.
- Cold calling where appropriate.
- Read industry periodicals, highlighting opportunities and relevant developments to the BD team.
- Attend industry events with team to develop/broaden own network at a junior level and ensure on top of “up and coming” consultants and prospects.
- Attend research meetings to increase product knowledge – manage action points.
- Minutes for the WIIM and retirement planning meetings to broaden knowledge of functions within the team.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the investment processes, products, trends and developments within the institutional marketplace.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organisation skills and ability to work across different disciplines.
- Base level knowledge of asset management and institutional marketplace.
- Ideally have some experience or background in investments.
- Comfortable working with a number of individuals in a team environment.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51590
Requisition Number: 1809636