BNY Mellon Careers
Data Intelligence Analyst - Asset Management
A specialist multi-asset investment management firm dedicated to serving sophisticated investors globally, providing clients with high-quality single and multi-asset investment solutions using both active and passive strategies. Coming together in 2018 through the combination of Mellon Capital, Standish, and The Boston Company, the combined asset manager has the scale and investment capabilities to offer institutional and intermediary clients a broad range of specialist investment solutions. The Boston Company, Standish and Mellon Capital are product brands of BNY Mellon Asset Management North America.
Our group provides all trading-related services to a Boston-based asset management firm, with a global, multi-asset investment footprint. Help us build a fast-paced, ambitious, yet cerebral and collegial culture of a start-up effort, while enjoying the benefits of an established, stable asset management firm and one of the world’s greatest financial services companies.
Data Intelligence Analyst - Responsibilities
The Data Intelligence Analyst is responsible for commission management, brokerage activity reporting and benchmarking. In this role, the candidate will partner internally with colleagues from the Investment Teams, Trading, Portfolio Implementation, Compliance, Sales, Marketing, IT, Client Service and Asset Management Operations, and externally with sell-side brokers and technology vendors.
Main areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Produce and distribute monthly overall commission statements to Trading and Senior Management
- Prepare Soft Dollar activity reconciliations
- Produce and distribute quarterly client reports, and quarterly and annual board reports, on commission activity, including soft dollars
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory regimes regarding client commission usage across all relevant global markets
- Implement, oversee and report on all client-directed commission requests, while ensuring compliance with all strategy-based target percentage guidelines
Brokerage Activity Reporting
- Produce and distribute monthly Dashboard Reports to Investment Team Leads, Trading and Senior Management
- Produce and distribute Broker Briefing Reports as needed to support Senior management, PM and Trading dialogue with sell-side counterparties
- Continuously review, update and consolidate existing activity reports and dashboards to reflect current needs, convey relevant insight and limit unnecessary redundancy
Benchmarking I Ensuring Alignment with Industry Best Practices
- Coordinate participation in trading benchmark surveys
- Collaborate with consultants/benchmark vendors to review and update survey questions to reflect current relevant industry trends
- Leverage existing relationships with consultants/benchmark vendors to increase the breadth and depth of relevant benchmarking data regarding brokerage practices, commission usage and order handling practices, while identifying and developing new sources of relevant data and insight
- Manage internal record of benchmarking data and monitor tracking reports for indicated changes
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2-3 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in the financial industry preferred.
Experience in Commission Management, Trading or Quantitative Analysis
Competency in data analytics and data management
Experience with visualization and reporting tools
Coding in Python or R
Advanced skills in Excel, Tableau, or similar
General comfort with and aptitude for technology
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 70129
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1809668