BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Network Engineer
Site Reliability DevOps Systems Administration Engineer/Specialist Network Engineer
Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills and put client focus and experience at the front of everything they do. You will help drive strategy, design, build and support all compute infrastructure within a hybrid cloud environment. Improving resiliency while collaborating with stakeholders, mentoring others and planning for the future are key aspects of this role. You will ensure adherence to processes/procedures/standards, and participate in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with remote teams.
- Proactive, independent problem-solver, open to being challenged and willing to continuously learn and improve.
- Solid understanding of computer science, systems administration (Windows, Linux, Virtualization).
- Experience with system design, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with multiple Operating systems; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device drivers, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions).
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Proven ability to write scripts in one or more languages (Shell, Perl,Python, VBScript, Ruby DSL).
- Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB).
Desirable Background and Skills
- ITILv3 Certification.
- Significant programming experience in any applicable language and understanding of REST API’s.
- Experience with automation and Configuration Management tools (i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Rundeck, Chef).
- Network switch or router administration (CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate).
- Knowledge or experience with Disaster Recovery concepts.
- Knowledge or experience with enterprise service and host monitoring.
- Experience with enterprise backup hardware and software in a D2D environment and with performing backups, restores and tuning.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Dell server hardware, EMC Data Domain/Isilon/XtremIO, VMware ESX/ESXi versions 4-6, Nagios XI, Pure All-flash Arrays.
- Maintain proficiency with Eagle infrastructure and applications including automation and orchestration.
- Drive enhancements throughout full life-cycle from concept to final implementation.
- Participate in the creation and enhancement of standards and development practices.
- Participate and provide insight in the development of future enterprise solutions.
- Design, build, deploy and support platforms and tools across the Eagle Cloud Platform
- Participate in 24x7x365 OnCall rotation and assist in resolving issues, outside normal business hours.
Specialist Network Engineer->> Participates in the research, development and enterprise-wide integration and implementation of networking technologies. Implements and supports network infrastructure equipment and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions, including both physical and logical documentation, and has a strong understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works with other IT staff and vendor representatives on projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Contributes to the evaluation of new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45143
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle And Front Office-HR15484
Requisition Number: 1809698