BNY Mellon Careers
Position Summary: Describe below the primary purpose and function of this job This position requires the Analyst to provide technical solution on Access , MS SQL, VBA and remediate UDTs with the best available technology/tool to suit the business requirement In addition, the Analyst will provide support and ongoing maintenance for existing UDTs , models using both bespoke and proprietary systems. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Key Roles & Responsibilities: List up to 6 key roles and responsibilities of this job. (Percentages must sum to 100%) 1. Good Understanding of MS Access Database , Query resolving capabilities to provide maintenance support on UDTs developed by Business for Workflow and Reporting 2. Ability to develop a solution / remediate UDTs with the best available technology to suit the business requirement 3. Good understanding of excel formulas, Access, MS SQL , VBA, and programming language is required to perform the task efficiently 4. Analysts are also expected to do the quality reviews of models/UDTs built by other analyst and ensure high level of Quality standards are maintained 5. High degree of attention to detail is required as these UDTs are used for periodic payment and any error can lead to financial/reputational loss for BNY Mellon 6. Support with the development and implementation of process, risk management and audit controls. JOB DESCRIPTION CONTENT (continued) LEVELING FACTORS Business Expertise: Describe the requirement for knowledge and expertise about how various parts of the organization work together to achieve business objectives. Explain the degree of understanding required of the industry, commercial environment and of competitor’s products and services.
- Previous Experience in Microsoft Access , Ms SQL, VB.Net & VBA Skills, or similar database and query writing experience is required
- Strong oral & written communication skills. Ability to interface and obtain strong working knowledge of technical solution
- Nature and Area of Impact – This role supports and assists the Client onshore and operations offshore to ensure delivery of good client service by accurate and timely resolution. The quality and timeliness directly affects how the organization is perceived by our clients.
- Adaptability (ability to modify approach as situations change, and to easily accept changes to own organization or job requirements)
- Eye for details required as the job requires remediation and new solution development.
- Sound Judgment (ability to think through a situation to reach a timely and sound decision within the scope of one’s authority)
- Service Orientation (exceptional service focus, builds relationships with internal and external customers, strengthening the image of the company)
- Effective Communication (articulately expresses thoughts and ideas - both oral and written
- Debugging skills to resolve queries
- The individual’s skill and ability to prioritize and organize assignments and ensure timely completion of assignments as per requirements. Must know when to escalate issue if faced with an issue they are not able to resolve.
- Responsibility & tenacity – The individual must act responsibly and tenaciously to resolve complex situations with multiple dependencies. They should ensure those requests are processed in time and accurately, even when other departments may be responsible for certain aspects of the functions, by ensuring timely escalation of issues.
- This role supports and assists the onshore/Client and operations offshore to ensure delivery of good client service by accurate and timely delivery of resolution. The quality and timeliness directly affects how the organization is perceived by our clients.
- Should also ensure compliance to BNYM & Corporate trust policies, procedures and preferred practices
- The position requires the candidate to communicate intensively with the internal customer in form of interaction, trainings, meetings etc
- This position requires good communication skills, both internal and external, in order to correctly and efficiently process client requests.
Job Qualifications: Indicate the minimum and preferred education and experience for this job and any licenses and certifications required Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree / Engineering in Computer Science Minimum Experience: Nil Minimum technical Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Access MS SQL, VB. Net & VBA Skills, or similar database and query writing experience
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Job: Corporate Trust
Internal Jobcode: 70128
Organization: Issuer & Loan Services CSD-HR11024
Requisition Number: 1809798