BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist, Op Risk Mgmt
This role reviews operational risk across the Pershing business, by checking operational processes and tasks for robustness. This role performs independent checks to ensure alignment with the external regulators (e.g. ASX and ASIC) and BNYM risk appetites and systems. As the first line of defense this role reviews operational data and recommends actions to specialist teams.
Provides data management and tracking support in the review of business processes to assist in protecting BNY Mellon from operational risk.
- Collects data related to controls to mitigate risk for analysis. Highlights data inconsistencies.
- Recommends process protocols and improvements to ensure transactions are executed properly.
- Monitors trend data related to operational control execution. Resolves data anomalies.
- Documents business controls for use in educating and training businesses.
- Serves as lead for support staff.
- Supports the achievement of team objectives.
- Provides guidance and reviews work of more junior level staff.
- Assist in the compilation of scheduled and ad hoc reporting and identify areas of concern
- Conduct reviews on an ongoing basis of operational procedures to reflect changes in the business or to address emerging risk
- Act as the first line of defense in order to identify, assess, monitor and manage the risks that arise
- Create and maintain the appropriate Operational Risk components of their Risk Appetite Statement
- Log and process incident reports consistent with internal requirements and work with stakeholders
- Associate's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 8+ years of total work experience preferred; ideally with at least 3 years in a risk role
- Experience in Operations/Stockbroking preferred.
- Risk focused
- Detail orientated
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently as well as on a Team
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Internal Jobcode: 70364
Organization: Pershing SEC Australia-HR16948
Requisition Number: 1809876