BNY Mellon Careers
Service Director (Senior Specialist, Relationship Management)
The Service Director (SD) is responsible for closely managing the day to day operations of a select group of clients. This client base typically includes firms that are large fund managers, insurance companies, banks, pension funds and other like businesses. In this capacity the incumbent will closely monitor daily operational and system workflows to ensure proper service levels are maintained or exceeded. They will work with the Relationship Executive and Business Executive to ensure deployment of new business opportunities and will look for ongoing ways to continuously improve the relationship. The Service Director is responsible to traverse a broad base of service teams to ensure clients are served exceptionally. They are expected to have a deep understanding of all products and services provided to a client. They participate in critical decisions about servicing, highlight opportunities for improvement and recommend enhancements to the operating model.
SD must work through multiple client issues at varying levels of complexity. Examples of the type of issues they may manage include: billing inquiries, contract negotiations, and other documentation-related matters. They are fully engaged in all matters related to the client, from routine service issue escalation to new product roll-outs. In order to be effective in the execution of such a broad range of responsibilities, the SD must be integrated with all servicing teams providing products and services to the clients. In this manner, the SD monitors that all of the service teams are performing their daily activities effectively and that we are meeting our service commitments. They must effectively balance the dual goals of meeting service delivery commitments, while ensuring that BNY Mellon is in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
The SD will assist the RE, BE and other operational constituents with leading the client through the on boarding process. They will guide the client through the Business Acceptance (BAC) process, which is designed to ensure that all internal constituents fully appreciate the client’s business requirements and that the appropriate controls and resources are in place around new business. They will partner with the Implementation teams to develop a highly customised process designed to successfully launch a multiple product business relationship.
It is expected that in this role, the SD will be uniquely positioned to support the RE and BE in designing and proposing solutions to facilitate new business development efforts.
• Client and internal-facing role charged with ensuring overall service quality, client satisfaction, and a consistent client experience working hand in hand with the RE and global service delivery. Demonstrates a deep understanding of all products and services provided to a client.
• Determines critical decisions about servicing, and leads in developing the strategic direction for the client relationship. Highlights opportunities for improvement and recommends enhancements to the operating model.
• Works through multiple operational and administrative client issues at varying levels of complexity. Examples include billing inquiries, BAC documentation, assisting as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in contract negotiations, and other documentation-related matters.
• Monitors Service Delivery performance to ensure we are meeting service commitments (SLAs, Dashboards, etc.) and ensures extensive oversight of legal/compliance and risk responsibilities are accounted for.
• Partners with the sales organisation at the onset of a potential or new relationship to understand the unique needs and requirements of the prospective client. Leads the client through the on-boarding process. Partners with the Implementation teams to develop a highly customised process designed to successfully launch a multiple product business relationship.
• Maintains full understanding of client business profile, including monitoring changes in structure, personnel, products and services, etc. to ensure client is in compliance with BNYM acceptable risk profile and supports the RE and BE in designing and proposing solutions to facilitate new business development efforts.
• Must demonstrate a broad and deep knowledge of BNY Mellon products within Asset Servicing, as well as extensive industry/market knowledge. Should deeply understand the full cycle of global service delivery, and the BNYM value proposition and differentiation.
• Must have the ability to work in a highly matrixed organisation and drive service accountability. Needs to be able to effectively communicate client requirements and mobilise teams to resolve service/operational issues expeditiously.
• This position has a significant impact on the overall BNY Mellon relationship with complex clients. SDs are accountable for ensuring overall service quality, client satisfaction, and a consistent client experience working hand in hand with the RE and BE.
• SDs, in collaboration with the REs need to establish and maintain highly effective partnerships with global service delivery constituents to influence and drive excellent performance.
• Must possess highly effective verbal and written communication skills, the ability to facilitate and lead telephone and in-person client discussions independently with support of BNY Mellon service partners. They must demonstrate leadership, teamwork and a high degree of collaboration within their business and across BNY Mellon to ensure the client coverage model is fulfilled.
Job Specific Competencies
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk the incumbent should show an aptitude for:
• Client focus
• Relationship Building / Collaboration
• Organisational Agility
• Influence / Persuasion
• Peer Relationships
• Building Effective Teams
• Directing Others
• Global Business Acumen
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ability to work under pressure and organisation skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Commercially aware
• Experience of managing across geographies
• Highly customer focused
• Proven ability to gain credibility at all levels quickly
• Able to work effectively in cross functional teams to achieve a common goal
• Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
• Able to multi-task
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• Professionally qualified to Postgraduate level or equivalent
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70059
Organization: Service Directors-HR16351
Requisition Number: 1809890