BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Product Manager - Product Owner
Product Owners work on teams using agile processes to quickly produce and release customer value. You will be responsible for the vision, definition and delivery of our cutting-edge products. You will work with your team to design, develop, and ensure quality SaaS based products and services. You will deeply understand the customer problems, the technology and will have direct impact to our business.
This requires you to:
- Create a vision, define the product and work with a world-class team of engineers to deliver that vision
- Have excellent communication skills across many different audiences, from Customers to Engineers to Executives
- Excel at Customer empathy and have great negotiation skills
- Be creative and bring a different point of view to solving problems
- Work across teams to deliver full Product solutions
- Lead by setting great examples
- Understand what it takes to deliver products and services in a SaaS model
- Be flexible in our fast-paced environment
- Be creative and willing to take risks
This is you
- Strong Product Owner enjoys writing delivering great Products/Services
- Customer advocate and expert user of our products
- Experience with web technologies and delivery models: Public Cloud, SaaS, Mobile, distributed cloud services, distributed data, caching, Restful APIs, etc.
- Hands-on experience working in agile software delivery teams
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment (think startup)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Sr. Specialist, Product Manager->> Leads and provides direction on product development and marketing processes for multiple large products. Liaises with cross-functional teams to provide products that address client needs. Leads sessions on the design and development of product marketing strategies for multiple large products. Leads cross-functional sessions with teams such as Development and Marketing. Ensures project is on time and to budget. Is highly familiar with product competitors, consumer trends, and market status. May act as the primary point of contact for small products. Responsible for analyzing, defining, and challenging the product's business case based on team and industry reports. Prioritizes product requirements and further investigates product feasibility. Determines project responsibilities and scope. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Investment Services provides a comprehensive range of services that are unrivaled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45162
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: IS Other New-HR17164
Requisition Number: 1809933