BNY Mellon Careers
Supervisor, Financial Reporting
- needs to understand how the various teams in BNY Mellon interact to produce the final Net Asset Values, and the importance of filing of financial statements with relevant authorities and the distribution of the financial statements to investors in a timely fashion.
- needs to be familiar with various accounting standards and how these are interpreted in the production of financial statements.
- identifies the operational requirements for each client and co-ordinates the activities needed.
- involves regular active communication with clients, prospective clients and internal teams.
- may require managing/assisting with special projects and, new regulations.
- involves daily interaction with clients and many internal departments within AIS. The position holder will have responsibility for service delivery to allocated clients.
- Client Management - responsible for the provision of a proactive Financial Reporting service to clients, understanding the service requirements of all clients.
- Service Delivery - primarily responsible for ensuring that Financial Reporting deliverables are consistently delivered in an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for high standard of service delivery to clients within agreed timeframes. Maintain excellent client relationships.
- Process Management – audit query resolution
- Control Environment - Ensure adherence to internal and external policy and regulation. Ensure all errors, breaches or client incidents are reported in line with current procedures.
- New Business and Strategic Planning - Support the identification and cultivation of expanded business potential with existing clients through regular client interaction and assist the Relationship Management organisation in responding to new business opportunities.
- Degree/qualification in accounting, business or other qualifications relevant to the investment industry and in particular Financial Reporting desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within the funds industry or Big 4 audit experience with funds industry audit experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the funds industry and the ability to recognise and respond to the needs and expectations of key stakeholders.
- Strong legal and regulatory knowledge of running business in a compliant manner.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, especially in the area of Financial Reporting, including a thorough understanding of various accounting standards including International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP.
- Ability to cope with multiple priorities and coordinate the efforts of others in order to bring a process to closure.
- Self-directed and proactive in identifying, analysing and rectifying issues or situations that could lead to service issues for clients.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, to a level consistent with delivering excellent client presentations, excellent relationship management skills with clients and colleagues. Will be interacting with many internal teams - Sales, Legal, Fund Accounting, TA, Clients Services etc.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Leinster-Wexford
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70509
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1810084