BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Administrative Assistant
The individual will directly support a senior Department Head within BNY Mellon’s Corporate Trust business with responsibilities across APAC. The role has a strong focus on organizing travel arrangements, and the individual will perform a full range of advanced, diversified administrative functions, requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skills and knowledge of organization policies and practices.
In addition, he or she will need to be well-organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, manage priorities, and establish and meet deadlines. Moreover, this Senior Administrative Assistant should have excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- This individual will Perform secretarial and administrative assignments of a confidential nature for managers; this may include, but will not be limited to:
- Diary management to include coordinating travel arrangement and booking travel tickets across multiple time zones
- Scheduling meeting and booking meeting rooms
- Settlement of related expenses
- Preparing and distributing minutes of meetings
- Maintenance and ordering of office supplies
- Compose correspondence, memoranda and may be required to produce reports and presentation materials
- Organize events, seminars or coordinate resources for small projects
- The use of business or technical vocabulary coupled with sound knowledge of organizational operations, procedures and staff.
- Screen telephone calls and may be expected to apply independent judgment when resolving routine enquiries
- Requires a high school education
- Experience in similar secretarial/admin assistant roles ideally within Banking or FS industry
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to handle sensitive and confidential issues; to include poise, tact and diplomacy. In addition, this individual must be able to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, mindful of the culture and diversity of the audience
- Good IT skills to include the use personal computers, data storing, Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite products
- Good math skills and excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability compose, type, and proof materials; establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Within guidelines, makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Job: Corporate Trust
Internal Jobcode: 76002
Organization: Corporate Trust-HR06320
Requisition Number: 1810098