BNY Mellon Careers
Securities Lending Middle Office Lead Representative
The Middle Office lead representative will be responsible for the day to day oversight of the middle office team who are responsible for the Pre-matching, pre-collateralisation, and settlement processing of Securities Lending trades, ensuring all necessary action is taken to investigate, and enabling timely settlement for all securities transactions including Fixed Income, Equity and Collateral activity, whilst acting as an escalation point of contact for all queries raised by both the trading desk and/or the relationship management team on behalf of the client.
• General over seeing on the team throughout the day to ensure all core tasks are completed as required.
• Monitor the team, check lists, external vendor systems and email boxes throughout the day.
• Monitor the team, check lists and email boxes to ensure all pre-collateralisation of the pending loan trades are covered.
• Monitor and follow-up on settlements of loans and returns in Crest, EUCLID and at the domestic EMEA markets with the team.
• Check end of day reporting to enable management to have oversight that sufficient collateral has been called in accordance with client requirements.
• Monitor stock and cash exceptions, and keep management updated with progress on a regular basis.
• Ensure all Client relationship management queries are responded to in a timely manner to ensure a high standard of Client service is maintained at all times.
Qualifications / Skills required
• Risk aware
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong Client service ethic
• Well organised and focused in order to meet deadlines and client expectations
• Proactive nature
• Good problem solving skills
• Flexible and quickly able to adapt to changing circumstances
• Strong numeric, as well as written and verbal communication skills
• MS Excel / Word
• Educated to degree level or other appropriate qualifiers.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70549
Organization: Securities Finance-HR10447
Requisition Number: 1810150
Tags: EFC: EMEA: 25-C