BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Control - Financial and Emerging Technologies Control Team (Technology Audit)
Control - IC3
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors and minimizes most complex areas of control testing, control and risk education, and operational and risk support activities to the business and manages projects to adjust or create controls required to meet regulatory and corporate expectations.
- Will perform Information Technology based internal control and SOX compliance reviews in accordance with professional standards to ensure that internal controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively.
- Leads projects/analyses and may assign work to other team members.
- Leads the control and risk management testing and reporting including Error / Near Miss analyses.
- Operating with a high degree of independence, conducts analyses and leads projects to improve internal controls that keep up with regulations and corporate standards.
- Ensures that existing control practices and procedures are documented.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
- May help design and deliver risk management training programs to ensure that proper control procedures are understood and followed.
- Reviews documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance of control procedures.
- Identifies deficiencies in data systems and creates processes to improve defenses.
- Assists in analyzing technology and market trends to determine potential resulting risks to the organization and how to address risks across businesses.
- May supervise the work of junior control professionals.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Supports multiple, complex projects and owns project timelines.
- Provides input into the development of controls and protocols for the function.
Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Advanced degree preferred 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. CISA, CIA or other relevant certification preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70321
Requisition Number: 1810186