BNY Mellon Careers
What’s life like as a grad in Pershings Technology group
Firstly no two days are the same – and who would want them to be? From the moment you join our team, you will be placed directly in one of our software development teams where you will be able to learn, grow and excel alongside some of our most experienced technical people within the organisation. We want you to progress and grow with us, but most importantly, we want you to enjoy it along the way! Your dedicated mentor will be there to make sure all of this is happening and you will be able to reach out to the mentor at any time.
All graduates that start are given a specific graduate project to start on, allowing you to settle in comfortably and start to use your skills. Once you have the basics, you will be tasked with learning various techniques such as Test Driven Development (TDD), the SOLID principles and clean code that will help form the foundations for your career as a good software developer.
Once we believe you are ready, you will be fully immersed within one of our teams, helping and contributing to projects that deliver real differences and real benefits to the entire organisation, as well as our clients. With such a wide variety of systems and services there is something for everyone.
But its not all about delivery – we fully believe and support the need to learn and try new things and we regularly hold tech workshops and hackathons. Teams also have a dedicated amount of time per week to innovate; learn a new technology or methodology and see if it can be applied anywhere in the business. We are always looking for new and improved ways for doing things and that can come from anyone within the organisation … including you!
You will never stop learning, and yes, there is a steep learning curve, but who doesn’t like a challenge!
We have 5 development roles available which are across the following areas which will be supported by full training schedules:
• 3 .Net developer opportunities
• 2 ABSuite opportunities with a structured career moving into .Net
We need someone who will
• Be enthusiastic about software development and strive to constantly learn and improve
• Learn, believe and embrace the core software development concepts that contribute to high quality code
• Interact and collaborate with other graduates to deliver various graduate specific projects
• Work alongside and support our experienced delivery professionals
• Be capable and confident in self learning
• Feel confident in asking questions and challenging others when appropriate
• Suggest, own and deliver enhancements to our enterprise systems with the support from your team
• Have a passion for learning and using new technology
In return we will
• Provide an interesting, challenging and exciting experience within technology and software development
• Offer and organise training, support and peer mentoring
• Facilitate and support “lunch & learn” sessions
• Provide you with interesting and complex technological problems for you to solve
• Build a career path specifically for you
• Competitive and enticing graduate package
• Invest in you!
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60056
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1810205