BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Developer
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Provide superior software development services in a fast-paced and innovative working environment.
• Work with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements. Analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business and technical issues. Actively participate in team discussions, provide guidance and expert opinion on the subject matter.
• Coordinate coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved. Comply with BNY Mellon's standard development methodology
• Take every opportunity to demonstrate and improve your decision making and problem solving skills. Provide fast and effective solutions when encountered with challenging and non-standard situations.
• Have thorough knowledge of the Agile methodology. Work with Subject Matter Experts and Quality Engineers to facilitate the pace of product development and adoption. Address any regression and development issues professionally in a timely manner.
• May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. May be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/FSD preparation.
• Being an effective team player, discuss the options and seek advice of peer co-developers when necessary. Consistently acquire new skills and knowledge and share with the team.
Required Details/Qualifications • Experience in development with Java/J2EE Technologies. • Coding and troubleshooting experience on Web Services and RESTful API • Extensive hands-on knowledge of XML, XSD, XSLT, JSON. • Strong SQL skills (Oracle, MSSQL dialects) • Knowledge or use of an IDE, such as Eclipse or IDEA • Knowledge of Scrum and XP methodologies and ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment. • Strong analytical skills and attention to detail • Ability to learn and pick up new skills • Ability to perform with minimal management supervision • Strong Communication Skills • Knowledge in Finance and Data Warehousing is a big plus.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1810233