BNY Mellon Careers
Spec'st Systems Eng./Prgmmer - Senior AV Engineer
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The TSG Video Services team develops and implements the enterprise AV strategy and room technology design, manages video conference and AV room technology installation projects, and provides engineering support for AV room technology support. The Video Services team mission is to deliver easy to use and support AV technologies in an integrated and cost effective manner that facilitates collaboration.
The primary responsibility of this position is to…
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Participate in planning the strategic roadmap for AV solutions that will meet the needs of the enterprise including AV room technologies, video conferencing platforms, digital signage, and video walls.
• Design cost efficient AV solutions solution to meet customer requirements; develop and maintain room technology standard designs; and validate vendor proposals against global standards.
• Provide technical project management for AV and video conference installation and upgrade projects globally.
• Define scope of work for AV projects and vendor engagements; validate work to ensure the satisfactory completion of the work. Oversee vendor Installs, test and support audio and video control systems.
• Provide assessments and recommendations. Test functionalities of AV solutions and engage in user, system and support requirements gathering and analysis to provide design and architectural recommendations as it relates to new AV/VTC systems projects.
• Provide troubleshooting and engineering support to onsite support and operations teams as required to keep all presentation systems and multimedia equipment operational. Train technicians as needed on installing and troubleshooting of systems.
• Remain current on developments in unified communications and video conferencing technologies, products, practices and trends.
• Prepare engineering documentation such as product evaluations, designs, and user guides as needed.
• Develop engineering system specifications, drawings and wiring diagrams using tools like Visio or Auto CAD.
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Leads the design and development of highly complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Conducts and leads analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on large infrastructure engineering projects. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient. Provides input and recommends processes in developing project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Researches and analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
• Eight to ten (8-10) years of related experience required.
• Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
• AV systems deployment experience including installation, commissioning, and end-user training required.
• Strong knowledge of video conferencing systems preferably Cisco with knowledge of Polycom systems.
• Knowledge of Digital Signage and video wall technologies preferred.
• Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60145
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1810241