BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Principal, Administration and Planning, CAO Office, EMEA
- Constantly seek to drive better first line governance – ensure items for discussion are both efficiently and effectively prepared, review overall agendas for cohesion, relevance, proportionality and omission. Seek out and eliminate duplicative topics. Test for compliance with Group policies. Test for intersect with individual accountability. Check appropriateness for LBMC and/ or LB Risk Management Committee or other regional committees.
- Identify and secure training where needed for presenters, chairs or other function holders. Take all such action as may be agreed with the Chair and the Executive to create “best in class” governance, leveraging the rest of the EMEA (or Enterprise-wide governance structures)
- Specifically, ensure appropriate frequency and timetabling of all required governance fora, including those without formal recurring timetables (e.g. the annual planning cycle, Periodic Summary Meeting (PSM) reviews and responses, strategic plans). Ensure action owners are prepared for their due dates and assist owners to satisfactory conclusions. Review minutes and records for accuracy and comprehension. Liaison with both Group, Regional governance Chairs and external Co-Secs and Legal as required.
- Manage the key commercial data elements related to clients London Branch – clients contracted, pipeline, new wins, level of deposits, dormant vs. active account profile, credit exposure and usage.
- Understand and articulate the legal and compliance framework surrounding London Branch and where areas of concern may be in the context of the operating, change and conduct environment eg AML, KYC, CASS
- Hold a view on the absolute and relative resilience of the Branch particularly with an outsource arrange perspective
- Receive all communications related to London Branch, in whatever format, and act as the first line interpretation of such communications. Act as owner of their resolution unless specifically allocated to a different owner.
- Represent London branch interests at fora across the wider organisation and externally.
- Lead specific initiatives and programmes of work as agreed with the Chair, LB and /or the Executive Team of the LB. Managing virtual teams as required.
QualificationsRequirements Proven, complex stakeholder management. Ability to drive results in multiple matrix environments against potentially conflicting objectives. Strong grasp of the realities of good governance and risk management across multiple jurisdictions. Knowledge of the principles of organisational design and alternative models. Good analytical skills. Ability to translate group and other centrally derived requirements into practical and compliant local solutions. Strong interpersonal skills. Build consensus where needed but with the ability to convey authority and expertise to direct peers and other stakeholders effectively on behalf of the leadership team. Ability to be the “voice” of the LB Chair when the LB Chair is unavailable.. Ability to develop innovative solutions in fast changing environments. Ability to modify the brief where needed for success without compromising the overall objectives. Comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 70696
Organization: EMEA IS REG Change Area Mgmt-HR16447
Requisition Number: 1810369