BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst - Mainframe zVM and zLinux Infrastructure Automation
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
- Support the mainframe, zVM, and zLinux infrastructure automation function using the OPSMVS, Automation Point, and CA-VMOperator products.
- Gather functional requirements from users, design, test and develop automated solutions, and implement those solutions into production.
- Review system logs and error reports to diagnose errors and develop detailed problem reports and/or remediation plans.
- Accept individual or team project assignments and manage them to their successful and timely completion.
- Regular off shift, weekend, and on call support is required.
Sr. Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches and recommends the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. Identifies and solves complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Provides input into platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Assists with complex issues in the installation, support, troubleshooting, and repair of data center equipment. Implements, integrates and provides full support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine middleware platform selection, efficient transaction design, use and recovery procedures in line with business requirements. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Works with vendors to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Must have prior mainframe and programming experience.
- Knowledge of zVM and zLinux, as well as, knowledge of the CA-VMOperator, OPSMVS, and Automation Point products.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry.
- Self-starter with effective oral and written communication skills, customer-service oriented and an experienced problem solver who seeks assistance when necessary.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work well in a team-oriented environment
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45170
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1810468