BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Change Management
The EMEA Change Management (Regulatory) team was created to lead, manage and support all EMEA Controllers projects with a particular focus on regulatory change. The team will have overall responsibility for supporting the regulatory systems in EMEA, managing the current change book of work, monitoring emerging change projects and providing overall program governance, including project prioritisation.
The EMEA Controllers Change team will comprise of 15 permanent employees supported by 15 temporary staff. This role is based in BNYMellon’s Finance Service Centre in Manchester together with 4 other Regulatory Systems Analysts this team’s leader, the Business Analyst team and the Head of the Regulatory Change Team. One project manager is based in London and one is based in Brussels.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be working as part of a global project and support team and will be planning, building, testing, and implementing changes to regulatory reporting systems. The candidate will be working very closely with the functional (systems & reporting) teams along with IT.
They must be capable of understanding and interpreting business users’ needs and be able to translate them into requirements for systems development.
They will need to possess strong analytical and creative problem solving skills, in order to transform business requirements into design solutions.
They will require risk awareness to identify issues users may encounter in performing calculation processing and report preparation.
They will need to be able to document process flows and data flows, to support requirements and impacts to reporting processes and resolve complex business issues.
Working closely with our developers, cross functional teams and vendors alike this position will play a key role converting to the new systems platform.
Responsibilities will include:
• Identify key data elements, processes and reporting requirements in support of identifying key systems area for comparison between the current and new systems platforms.
• Work with business analysts, regulatory reporting analysts, and IT to document and understand changes in data flows.
• Analyze business workflows to look for opportunities to automate or better synergize reporting processes across EMEA
• Work with business analysts, regulatory reporting teams, and project team to develop test plans and identify supporting test cases.
• Work with project team to implement testing and support regulatory reporting team in the identification of issues. Where appropriate formulate remediation options and suggest strategies.
• Document all key issues, findings and decisions in support for project documentation
• Support the day to day running of the Regulatory Reporting systems
• Systems, BI or MI Analyst with previous exposure to financial services projects
• Experience of working in financial services industry and additional prior exposure and experience in providing production support on vendor and/or in house financial systems application
• Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting and associated systems (Wolters Kluwer preferably)
• Strong experience querying and working with large data sets.
• A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business concepts quickly.
• Authored typical systems development life cycle documents in the past such as business and functional requirements as well as clear system documentation.
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong SQL skills
• MS Access and other Data management tools also an advantage
• Effective in managing and contributing in diverse teams and stakeholders.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70270
Requisition Number: 1810822