BNY Mellon Careers
- Review marketing material (e.g. videos, brochures, online content, social media posts), branding initiatives and other promotional activities (e.g. native advertising, sweepstakes, contests, hackathons)
- Draft and negotiate sponsorship agreements, licenses, releases
- Advise the business on marketing law and intellectual property issues including claim substantiation, copyright and fair use
- Advise on social media strategies
- Draft and negotiate marketing and other vendor agreements, e.g. creative agency, public relations, advertising and other marketing-related vendor agreements
- Develop and conduct client training programs on legal issues associated with the above activities
QualificationsJD and member in good standing of the New York or Pennsylvania bar.
- 3-5 years within the legal industry.
- Background in marketing and advertising law as well as technology contract negotiation.
- Prior in house experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of US and international privacy laws is a plus.
- Experience in the financial services industry is useful.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and drafting skills.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle a large number of projects simultaneously.
- Accustomed to performing under pressure and meeting deadlines.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1810832