BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Business Planning and Analyst - Legal - Manchester
The Bank of New York Mellon's Corporation’s Legal Department, as a trusted advisor, supports the Corporation's achievement of its goals by providing independent, high quality, timely and cost effective legal services and with a strong commitment to the Corporation's Values. We provide this support by identifying, assessing, managing and mitigating legal risk and by anticipating and being responsive to the legal needs of the Corporation. We fulfill our responsibilities with professionalism, integrity and high ethical standards and through creation of an environment that promotes and encourages our professional growth and job satisfaction.
The role reports to the EMEA Legal Chief Administrative Officer (“CAO”). This is an Individual Contributor Role, which provides direct support to meeting the responsibilities of the EMEA Legal CAO office and also providing wider support to the responsibilities of the Global Legal Solutions team. The EMEA Legal CAO office and the wider Global Legal Solutions team support the Legal department in the execution of its day-to-day responsibilities, strategic planning and evolutionary initiatives to position the department for long term success.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
Key areas of focus will be;
- Support the CAO in providing oversight and management of Human Resource activity within the department including but not limited to:
- Departmental On/off boarding processes;Headcount tracking/reporting (perm and temp);
- Resource planning;
- Recruitment activity;
- Response to Employee Engagement Survey;
- Compliance with performance management cycle requirements;
- Training needs; and
- Talent Management initiatives.
Support the CAO in providing oversight and management of departmental and Outside Counsel finance activity within the department including but not limited to:
- Annual departmental budget (plan) cycle;
- Outside Counsel budgeting and reforecasting (as required by Global Legal Support);
- T360 quality standards including monitoring of quality and timeliness of T360 maintenance by attorneys; and
- BK Legal Network.
- Support the CAO in providing oversight and management of operational activity within the department including but not limited to:
- Business Continuity Planning;
- Citizenship agenda (Diversity & Inclusion, Probono, and community);
- Acquisition and maintenance of Legal know-how services (including department subscriptions);
- Managing Information Technology to support departmental needs;
- System Access Authorisation;
- Legal department access;
- Email retention period application;
- Bind Review and other technology audits;
- Record’s Management;
- Office space and facilities;
- Practicing Certificate renewal processes;
- EMEA Legal website pages on mysource; and
- Risk & Control Self-Assessments.
- Support the interpretation of company policy to employees and enforce company policy and practices. Work with the division’s Chief of Staff, global CAO and Global legal Support to implement global business management/administrative practices where applicable;
- Represent the CAO to other senior officials both within and outside the organization on administrative matters;
- Leads special projects/initiatives that are of strategic importance to the legal department. Navigates across the firm to effectively complete tasks;
- Identify, develop and implement process improvements to increase departmental effectiveness.
Key relationships / stakeholders:
- EMEA Legal CAO;
- EMEA General Counsel;
- Global Legal Chief of Staff;
- EMEA Practice Area Leads;
- Global Legal Solutions team; and
- Wider legal team.
Requirements: (what we are looking for)
The following core skills are required
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's degree and an advanced degree are preferred;
- Significant years experience of working in a professional office environment;
- Experience of working closely with senior stakeholders;
- Competent user of main Microsoft packages including Outlook; Word; Excel and Powerpoint;
- Experience in financial analysis and/or cost management.
The candidate should also have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Adept problem solving skills – ability to identify practical solutions and work through problems to conclusion;
- Flexible and adaptable working style to react to demanding workload and changing priorities;
- Self-motivation to drive delivery against objectives – ability to work autonomously;
- Customer orientation & specifically a willingness to learn and to cultivate good working relationships with internal clients; and
- A willingness to work as part of a team and help out on all projects.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70706
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1810949