BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst, Client Service
· Work in a team of between 3 and 5 staff members to provide complex and high risk service delivery for some of the largest, most sophisticated and complex clients of Markets Division and BNY Mellon as whole (extensive coverage of Platinum Clients) and products such as securities clearing, tri-party collateral, market data and contract management services, etc.
· Work with other team members to perform daily operations for assigned area/function in order to ensure that daily requirements in servicing the client base are completed properly and timely.
· Engage with other teams or other regions in the organization to catch up the ongoing projects or initiatives as well as providing the service to the clients. Occasionally attending to the conference call at the late evening or early morning are expected when necessary.
· The team has the daily operation duties even on Japanese national holidays. The team members are expected to rotate to cover such duties.
· Escalate to the team manager or team lead in timely manner for any exceptional issue in daily operations or technology issue in order for the team to engage with internal and external stakeholders to manage the expectation and provide the service properly.
· Assists in the sales and client retention processes by delivering presentations on the Markets products, services and engages in negotiations with clients and prospects.
· Identifies, implements, improves on the risk and control management framework within a high-risk operational environment.
· Has in depth understanding of credit risk scenarios linked to Markets products and interacts and explains complex scenarios with senior risk and credit personnel. Manages scenarios of client default in a high stress environment.
· Ensures compliance with internal policy and external regulations, often across multiple countries.
· Generally participates in analyzing feasibility of new business and services and contributes to improve efficiencies and streamline workflows.
· Works with the manager or the team lead to set up own professional development goals, complete the mandatory training in timely manner, and participate in employee engagement where necessary.
QualificationsBachelor's Degree. 3 to 8+ years of relevant experience in securities servicing including 2+ years in Settlement, Collateral Management or Trade Support and assigned functional area. Outstanding client, organizational, analytical and execution skills. Excellent communication, presentation, administrative, and computing skills.
JSDA Class I (preferred)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it. Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Japan-Tokyo-To-Tokyo
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70105
Organization: Collateral and Segregation-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1810954