BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist Project / Program Manager - Greenfield
Senior Specialist Project Manager to be part of the Greenfield Program in the New York/New Jersey or Pittsburgh area.
As you know, Greenfield is a strategic journey to modernize the application infrastructure, reduce End of Life and Critical Cyber Vulnerability risk, increase availability and reliability of the compute infrastructure, and create an agile, scalable evergreen operating model. It is one of the largest technology enabled transformation Programs in the Financial Services sector today.
Being part of this ground-breaking Program will be exciting, rewarding and challenging, as well as representing a significant career milestone. You will be working with leading technology and transformation specialists, and be part of an energetic, committed and sophisticated team.
We are looking for individuals who possess:
· Strong program governance, project management/PMO skills with a desire to become a leader in your field
· A desire to be part of a strategic team and develop new skills
· A passion for excellence and achievement
· An ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Drive and proactivity, and are ready to challenge the status quo
Major Job Responsibilities:
· Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of program governance and control, and project management activities (including standards, methods and tools, KPIs and Metrics etc.).
· Manages and oversees the end to end project management and delivery activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Greenfield project management structure.
· Serves as a liaison between the Greenfield team and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies.
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial
· 8 - 10 years of related project management experience required; experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45163
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Project Greenfield-HR16451
Requisition Number: 1811056