BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Program & Project Management - Risk Expert
· The Senior Specialist, Program & Project Management; leads a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to internal client specifications. May allocate/coordinate work within projects.
· The Business Project Management Office (BPMO) provides a response vehicle supporting the Executive Committee of The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV (“BNYM SA/NV”) in meeting its changing and challenging business and regulatory requirements and priorities. The BPMO projects are prioritized by the Executive Committee and a fit-for-purpose project artifacts methodology is being applied. The BPMO project manager will work closely with senior stakeholders and subject matter experts, including Executive Committee members.
· Manage and oversee end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, meetings and workshops organization, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, stakeholders’ management, and other project documentation preparation.
· Report and escalate progress/issues/goal deviations to management.
· Work with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project and, where required, coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
· Where applicable, support the business partners in producing the deliverables of the project.
· Support the regulatory on-site inspections and investigations, as well as any investigation and reporting required to meet external auditor expectations.
· Work in close collaboration with the 3 Lines of Defense.
· Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
· Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
· Promptly follow-up on any regulatory breach and significant business issues.
· Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
· Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
· 5+ years of experience in the Financial Services sector
· 3+ years of work experience in Project Management preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is preferred.
Business specific knowledge and competencies:
· The BPMO project manager is not only a project manager, but, where it is applicable, he/she will also be expected to play a business support role and demonstrate business analysis skills. He/she will support the business partners in producing the deliverables of the project. In that respect, the BPMO team is composed of project management professionals that are also equipped with business and knowledge skills like Risk Management, Operations and Finance for instance. Abilities will include gathering of key and relevant information (covering a range of financial products and diverse business processes, but also spanning across multiple locations and jurisdictions), clearly documenting the information captured, driving out viable solutions and gaining consensus on the final solution.
· Risk Management skills: for this particular job posting, BPMO is looking for a candidate that has expertise in or is able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of Risk Management and Stress Testing matters applied to Financial Institutions (especially Global Custodians).
· BPMO projects often relate to regulatory deliverables and on-site inspections. The BPMO project manager will face the need to deliver high-quality deliverables within tight regulatory-driven deadlines. Knowledge of regulatory/governance framework within the financial sector is welcome.
· First class communication skills, both verbal and written in English
· Proficient with MS Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, My Share, Visio)
· Client/Stakeholder Focus
· Organizing Ability
· Sense of Urgency
· Driving for Results
· Problem Solving Skills
· Very Strong Detail Orientation
· Ability to work in a confidential environment
· Developing Partnerships
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Investment Services provides a comprehensive range of services that are unrivaled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Internal Jobcode: 70184
Organization: EMEA IS REG Change Area Mgmt-HR16447
Requisition Number: 1811239