BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Account Management
The Pershing EMEA Wealth team provides world-class custody and administration services allowing our clients to focus on developing their business, rather than on compliance, technology and operations. Clients can outsource part, or all, of their trading, clearing and settlement activities to us and have access to a number of online wealth management tools.
The team includes relationship managers, account managers, and business development professionals.
The account manager (AM) is responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining a long-term relationship with clients and maximising client satisfaction levels across the Pershing EMEA Wealth group. Acting as the key interface between the client and all relevant Client Service Delivery departments, the AM plays an integral role in the overall client experience.
The Account Management team has responsibility for managing the overall relationship with existing, new and deconverting clients. Through the understanding of our clients’ strategic aims--developing and strengthening relationships—we aim to successfully retain current business and build additional revenue through cross sale opportunities for Pershing and BNY Mellon.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain all client relationships and accounts in accordance with all applicable regulations and Pershing polices
- Provide in-depth daily client support—to designated external clients--through extensive phone interaction and personal client visits
- Foster and maintain client relationships by resolving problems and/or complaints in a timely manner Provide product knowledge (Pershing and BNY Mellon) and technical assistance as necessary
- Knowledge of policies and procedures across the firm and industry
- Inform clients of new products/systems to maintain and increase revenue stream
- Maintain open lines of effective communication with both internal and external clients
- Assist in determining the financial impact of re-pricing the existing book of business
- Assist relationship managers with new prospects and when signing new business, pursue incremental revenue opportunities
- Account managers require minimal supervision and should provide exemplary client service ensuring that all issues are resolved completely, properly and in a timely fashion
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education/exams–degree or professional qualification. Demonstrates continued personal or professional development
- 7-10 years’ experience in the financial services industry is desirable
- Ability to develop and maintain an affective working relationship with clients
- Strong product knowledge
- Knowledge of products and procedures of the firm and industry
- Strong negotiation, decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills
- A professional and courteous manner when interfacing with all internal and external clients
- Ability to uphold and practice the highest code of ethical standard and conduct
- Ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task in a high-pressure, high volume environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to complete platform presentations in front of large groups
- Ability to think independently, to be self-motivated and acquire new skills and knowledge
- Ability to understand and explain all aspects of the standard model B agreement and pricing schedule
- Strong technical skills, working knowledge of our systems and products
- Extensive experience with (or possess the ability to quickly learn) in-house Pershing systems, strong PC skills, Microsoft Office and database management experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Wealth Management
Internal Jobcode: 70004
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1811289