BNY Mellon Careers
Architect, Appl Development – Oracle, UNIX, Perl
Architect, Appl Development – Oracle, UNIX, Perl
We have an opening for an Architect - Application Development. The candidate must have a mastery of the Oracle database environment, strong PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting and Perl skills. The candidate must be able to use various programming languages and transmission tools to maintain and expand our data warehousing platform. The Candidate must have extreme attention to detail, and enjoy a diverse development and support environment, as BNY Mellon uses many technologies and tools to enable a complete reporting and batch processing environment.
Candidates should have domain experience in the financial services industry.
· Strong database (Oracle) skills including database design, development (packages, functions, procedures).
· Database code performance tuning skills required
· Taking responsibility for the design, coding, testing, and documentation (as defined by the SDLC process) of particularly large, complex or mission critical software programs.
· Assume ownership of multiple initiatives across the business for complete and successful delivery.
· Maintain code and all related artifacts in source control; perform code merges and resolve conflicts as defined by development process, update documentation and automated tests
· Develop code, configuration files, build scripts, schemas or other artifacts as required.
· Database code (SQL and PLSQL) performance tuning skills
· Unix commands and shell scripting knowledge
· Perl scripting knowledge
· Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
· SAP Business Objects 4.x, Webi, Universe Design and Admin
· Unix admin knowledge
· IBM Mainframe TSO Experience, working knowledge of VSAM
· Windows Admin working knowledge
· Networking and performance knowledge
· Working knowledge of Connect-Direct (NDM)
· Working knowledge of ETL: Informatica / Oracle
· Designing software modifications from supplied requirements and design specifications using agreed standards and tools, achieving well-engineered results that follow the agreed implementation level software architectures.
· Big Data – Hadoop, Hadoop Spark
· Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Designs technical infrastructure for applications. Translates user requirements to process data needs. Designs application technical infrastructure such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, testing approach, and tools. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools. Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies by consulting with the project teams and assisting the groups in their technical training needs. Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms. Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support. Advocates for change to provide innovative, creating technology solutions as appropriate to meet client needs. Helps resolve system problems affecting primary applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 8-10 years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-King of Prussia
Internal Jobcode: 45007
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1811319