BNY Mellon Careers
Data Center Manager (Lead Manager, Infrastructure Operations)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. This includes managing, updating and changing infrastructure within our state of the art data centers to meet the needs of our clients.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. The infrastructure team is building self-service and low-touch infrastructure utilities that enable building the internal SaaS offerings.
The Data Center Manager will oversee a team of engineers who are tasked with maintaining servers and infrastructure at one of the most critical BNY Mellon Data Centers. This individual will be responsible for and serve as the liaison for all 24x7 operational activities -- operations in the support, maintenance, optimization and deployment of our infrastructure. It is an opportunity to play a critical role in the development of next generation data center infrastructure designs by planning, implementing and executing programs and services, as well as, make changes to the current processes to ensure the reliability and uptime of our data centers! The work environment is fast paced and deadline-oriented where adaptability is key to our success as a team, thus having depth knowledge of managing large-scale data center environments is a must. We are looking for an engaged and responsible leader to manage small to large scale projects, as well as to develop, lead and execute the Data Center team strategies.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Manage a small team responsible for hardware installation, configuration, and optimization. Advise on appropriate procedures for executing on configuration issues.
- Design, implement, integrate, and provide full support for hardware in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment.
- Accurately develop, write, and edit standard operating data center policies and procedures.
- Ensure all work performed is in accordance with established standards, practices and procedures.
- Manage implementation and maintenance activities for computer system hardware and configurations.
- Extreme oversight of incidents, problem tickets and change controls in a complex data center environment to reduce risk and utilize safe times for repair and change.
- Responsibility of asset tagging and the data center inventory management. Participation in projects to reduce data center clutter and overhead by eliminating equipment which has been decommissioned on a timely basis.
- Manage and track staffing on projects to ensure that initiatives are implemented in an efficient manner.
- Manage the integration of new technologies into the company environment. Work in conjunction with the Senior Manager to coordinate with necessary vendors needed to support the data centers.
- Collect data on infrastructure projects and performance for senior management to evaluate.
- Participate in the recruiting process, instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of infrastructure operations team members, prepare performance reviews and provide on-going feedback.
- Manage a small infrastructure operations team which has 24/7 responsibilities.
- Contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in infrastructure operations required with related supervisory, management and administrative experience, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in designing and managing structured cabling infrastructures. Strong knowledge of copper and fiber cable plant distribution systems and industry standards.
- Experience creating data center procedures, work-flow process, and standards.
- Creative and change-oriented continuous improvement process skills.
- Strong written, oral, communication and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter who is assertive and energetic.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Freeport
Internal Jobcode: 45274
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1811330