BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Rep, AML/Prevention/KYC
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Prepares in-depth, detailed risk profiles for complex clients and conducts periodic reviews of client profiles for renewal.
• Populates risk profiles for clients that have global requirements. Gathers additional information from independent research, online tools or directly from the relationship manager or client. Performs due diligence to ensure accuracy of information. Reviews profiles for renewal process and reviews work of others.
• Uses strong communication skills to engage in challenging conversations with internal stakeholders and complex external clients in order to support an accurate data-gathering process and resolve any open issues.
• Reviews a variety of profiles that have been flagged and escalated for additional review through QSS real time scans or escalated OFAC Sanctions alerts received on transactional reviews.
• Provides guidance to less experienced AML/JKYC/Prevention support staff. Allocates work appropriately, as needed.
• No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
• Helps develop team objectives.
• Will be required to interact with both internal and external clients.
The relevant Sales Officer, relationship manager or division head where application of BNY Mellon bears primary responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the KYC profile for the Customer or potential client before approving.
• High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelors degree is preferred.
• 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in brokerage, accounting, fraud or law preferred.
• KYC and AML knowledge in relation to South African market essential.
• Strong communication skills
• Seeking bright, proactive and client facing candidate who can demonstrate patience.
• Candidate will have sufficient knowledge to liaise with the offshore teams when translating SA documents to global standards.
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: South Africa--
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70684
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1811472