BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Group Mgr,IT Risk Mgmnt - Technology Risk and Control Officer
BNY Mellon Technology Enterprise Production Services is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best-in-class. We run the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. We deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company’s top priorities, this is the place for you. What’s The Role? Our Technology Risk and Control Officer will work with our Production Services teams to design, implement, and assess controls designed to protect the Firm's information and supporting technology platforms. We aim to balance sound control with efficiency, through smart process and automation.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Manage risk assessment processes to help our technology teams, control partners, and business stakeholders understand the state of our technology and data control suite while collaborating to prioritize and remediate identified gaps
- Spearhead key initiatives across the whole of Production Services to strengthen key controls
- Oversee key operational controls to ensure ongoing operating effectiveness
- Provide advisory services in shaping next generation controls, and engage with Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance and other groups as necessary to support reviews of our control environment
- Offer support in data governance and data protection including key regulatory programs
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
12+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
ISACA certifications preferred.
- Experience in technology or technology risk management, preferably for financial institution or strong background in risk advisory
- Demonstrated capability of designing and implementing data and/or access management programs
- Track record of implementing successful risk or technology management solutions
- Track record of developing and maintaining senior-level stakeholder relationships
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated and be able to prioritize accordingly depending on demands from technology teams, business and regulator
- Be comfortable talking to development, production and infrastructure teams and offering risk opinions
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45318
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Tech Prod Services-HR17024
Requisition Number: 1811488