BNY Mellon Careers
Compliance Officer, China
· Review new business proposal and provide due diligence in China to provide compliance advice and ensure that risks are appropriately identified and documented prior to submission to Business Approval Committee
· Serve as the key point of contact in China on all operational risk issues, providing regular updates on operational risk issues, including prevention, identification, mitigation and resolution. Identify adverse trends and implement corrective action, as necessary.
· Serve as the key point of contact with regulators and authorities in China to handle their enquiries and visits
· Maintain (and enhance as required) and implement an effective regime for the identification, monitoring, mitigation and reporting of compliance issues, and an understanding of the related compliance and corporate governance issues.
· Work with Head of Risk and Compliance IM APAC to design and implement internal controls to ensure a consistent compliance and governance framework is rolled out for China QDLP and WFOE, including preparing Compliance reports for regional and global purposes.
· Review QDLP application documents, funds offering documents, and subscription and redemption forms
· Review agreements, e.g. distribution agreements, custodian agreements, administration agreements, service agreements with service providers, etc.
· Review and research applicable new rules and regulations and advise in regulatory governance
· Develop, implement and administer compliance policies and procedures
· Review customer due diligence documents and perform ongoing clients review
· Review marketing materials and refine the process on a risk-based approach
· Review staff qualification to ensure they are qualified to perform regulated activities
· Ensure regulatory reports are prepared and submitted within regulatory deadlines
· Perform compliance monitoring and report the results to Head of Risk and Compliance IM APAC
· Provide appropriate Compliance training to staff
· Bachelor or Master's Degree or Professional Qualification
· Minimum 5 years of working experience in compliance, internal audit, risk management or similar control functions within financial services, ideally asset management.
· Passed or is required to pass the AMAC qualification exams for the post
· Have at least 2 years of experience as a senior management personnel
· Qualified to be appointed as a Senior Management Personnel of QDLP
· English Proficiency
· Experience and knowledge in China regulation is a must
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to gain confidence of senior management and challenge the status quo, as appropriate
· Superior problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work independently
· Conceptual and strategic/forward thinker. Ability to foresee changes in the business (both internal and exogenous) and associate those changes to future business impact and risks
· Knowledge of compliance, economic issues and regulatory environment will be an advantage.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: China-Shanghai-Shanghai
Internal Jobcode: 51936
Organization: IM APAC-HR11404
Requisition Number: 1811576