BNY Mellon Careers
Vice President, Operations
Client Service Delivery at Pershing provides clearing, settlement and custody support solutions for our institutional, Broker Dealer, Wealth and Client Advisor firms. CSD is split into a number of different teams including Client Onboarding, Cash and Data Management, Account Transfers, Asset Servicing, Settlements and Reconciliations.
We are currently recruiting for management positions to manage a technical team in one of our CSD departments.
- Management of an operational department, reporting to the CSD Director.
- Set and monitor performance targets and objectives for all team members in line with department and firm goals, ensuring all team members receive regular feedback.
- Organise the recruitment and training of all staff within the team and ensure adequate cross training is in place to minimise key person risk.
- Career management – ensure that the department has a roadmap for career development clearly outlining the knowledge and skills required to progress.
- Ensure good management discipline around team meetings, skip levels and one to one meetings.
- Maintain procedures for all functions and ensure they are reviewed and updated on a regular basis, highlighting any deviation from SLA or bespoke processes.
- Ensure operational risks are minimised.
- Ensure team adhere to all regulatory policies as defined by the FSA and Compliance department.
- Ensure all disaster recovery procedures are in place, regularly updated and adhered to by all staff.
- Maintain high level of controls and ensure all daily deadlines are met.
- Liaison with clients and other external providers where necessary.
- Must be hands on and able to undertake and understand daily tasks.
- Issue escalation where necessary.
- Experience of managing a team to include:
- Interview experience
- Conducting appraisals and giving constructive feedback
- Dealing with complex issues. Must be able to provide examples of dealing with either a PIP process, grievance, disciplinary or other complex management issue.
- Advanced Excel/strong experience of bespoke systems
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: PCSD66
Organization: BNYM Pershing HK-HR16944
Requisition Number: 1811610