BNY Mellon Careers
Group Mgr,Appl Development
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
Overview of Pershing Technology
Technology at Pershing, a BNY Mellon company, provides key technology solutions for our clients. We build, maintain and support the Nexus product, a full front to back set of in-house and vendor developed systems covering order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
We are currently recruiting for a number of senior principal developers in our London and Manchester development centre to meet the business projects for 2019 and beyond.
Overview of the Role
As a member of the Pershing Technology team, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Technology department and with our end-users across the full software development lifecycle. We work in an iterative process using best practices from both Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver solutions frequently with the necessary controls expected in a highly regulated global financial organisation. The architecture is primarily based on Microsoft .net / C#, Microsoft SQL, Java & Unisys ABSuite. Our team is based in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Chennai and Pune.
This role reports to one of the Technology directors and in addition to broader responsibilities for delivery across the full SDLC working across the team will be setting the technical standards for delivery within the team. The successful candidate will bring 10+ years of technical delivery, experience and be able to bring in current industry knowledge into the team. Specific projects will vary and range from the delivery of critical components that underpin our platform, providing a fully resilient and available product to our clients, ensuring the full stack is able to handle increased volume as our business continues to grow, and provide detailed MI.
We need someone who:
• Is able to go from the hands-on detail and delivery of highly complex, scalable and robust solutions to high level strategy, planning and communication to senior stakeholders
• Will bring in best in class processes and drive improvements in our SDLC process are the team
• Will be the technical advocate and owner to define the technology road map for the team
• Is an excellent communicator – written and verbal – who is able to challenge and drive change
• Proposes innovation and creativity in the delivery of all our solutions
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience)
• Hands-on development experience in .net / C# / Java / SQL
• Expert knowledge of Object Oriented, design principles and pattern
• Expert knowledge and experience of unit testing, continuous integration, automated testing, appropriate documentation, Clean coding practices, SOLID principles etc.
• Experience of the full development lifecycle (including both Agile and Waterfall)
• Financial services knowledge
• Experience of developing software in a regulated business environment
• Experience working and delivering across a multi-location team
• Experience migrating from legacy technologies
• Experience working with strategic vendors
In return, we will
• Provide you with interesting and complex technologies problems for you to solve
• Provide an interesting, challenging and varied experience
• Offer and organise training, support and peer mentoring
• Build a career path specifically for you
Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. These are supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise. Find out more at pershing.com/Europe
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60305
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1811699