BNY Mellon Careers
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
Overview of Pershing Technology
Technology at Pershing, a BNY Mellon company, provides key technology solutions for our clients. We build, maintain and support the Nexus product, a full front to back set of in-house and vendor developed systems covering order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
We are currently recruiting for a number of developers in London team to meet the business projects for 2019 and beyond.
Overview of the Role
As a developer at Pershing, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Technology department and with our end-users across the full software development lifecycle. We work in an iterative process using best practices from both Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver solutions frequently with the necessary controls required in a highly regulated global financial organisation. Our team is based in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Chennai and Pune.
The architecture is primarily based on Microsoft .net / C#, Microsoft SQL, Java & Unisys ABSuite.
We need someone who:
• Enjoys delivering highly complex, scalable and robust solutions
• Is looking to work in a team focused on continuous integration, improvement and learning
• Will contribute to developing the technology road map for the team – both functionally and technically
• Is able to communicate, work alongside and collaborate across technology teams across offices
• Understands development and quality standards and ensures strict adherence to them
• Encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience)
• Service orientated multi-tiered application architecture utilizing web service standards and protocols (REST, JSON)
• Knowledge of Object Oriented, design principles and patterns
• Experience of the full development lifecycle (including both Agile and Waterfall)
• Understanding and experience of engineering practices such as unit testing, continuous integration, automated testing, appropriate documentation, Clean coding practices, SOLID principles etc.
• Financial services knowledge
• Experience of developing software in a regulated business environment
• Experience of using test driven and automated testing techniques
• Experience working and delivering across a multi-location team
In return, we will
• Provide you with interesting and complex technologies problems for you to solve
• Provide an interesting, challenging and varied experience
• Offer and organise training, support and peer mentoring
• Facilitate and support “Lunch and Learn” sessions
• Build a career path specifically for you
Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. These are supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise. Find out more at pershing.com/Europe
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60115
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1811754