BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Disaster Recovery Analyst
Principal Recovery Analyst->>
• Develops, implements, and maintains complex processes to ensure continual operations in the event of disaster or interruption of information processing services.
• Consults with individuals throughout the organization on the recovery process.
• Evaluates the business recovery plans for recovery weaknesses and recommends necessary modifications to ensure regulatory compliance and the ability to recover vital business infrastructure and applications.
• Contributes to the definition of standards, processes and procedures for use in the recovery from a disaster or an extended interruption of information processing services.
• Keeps abreast of industry-related disaster recovery processes and evaluating the effectiveness of implementing changes to existing practices.
• Assists infrastructure teams with developing disaster recovery playbooks to guide the teams through the recovery process
• Focuses on continuous improvement of the disaster recovery program
• Prepare and deliver both informational and decision-seeking presentations
• Work as part of a flexible and resourceful team, providing exceptional levels of support to Management and Stakeholders.
• Support Ad-hoc Requests for support from different areas in the Technology
• Document process and cross train within team to ensure resiliency
Leads the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes to ensure continual operations in the event of disaster or interruption of information processing services. Consults with management throughout the organization on the recovery process. Structures and monitors activities based upon approved project methodologies. Collects and analyzes project data and produces progress reports. Defines standards, processes and procedures to be used in the recovery from a disaster or an extended interruption of information processing services. Manages the development of corporate business recovery plans and testing to ensure the corporation can respond to any major interruption to its critical business. Assists in the development of contractual agreements with recovery vendors for all entities of the corporation. Works with business units to develop and ensure effective business recovery plans that allow critical business functions to be resumed within defined timetables and acceptable risk factors. Educates users on the corporation s business recovery planning software and recovery methodology. Monitors and reports on all planning activity and statistical results to senior management and financial regulatory agencies to ensure corporate regulatory and audit compliance. Keeps abreast of industry-related disaster recovery processes and evaluating the effectiveness of implementing changes to existing practices. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree or CBCP certification is beneficial 10-12 years of experience in business/disaster recovery required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45181
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1811864